Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Black Belt Wins Match



Thank you so much to everyone who commented on my blog premiere! And thanks to everyone who even bothered to read it. I feel like I have a huge group of new friends all over the world, and I enjoy seeing what's going on in your lives, too. My blogrocknroll is getting longer every day!

In my last post I asked if I should wear this outfit with or without a belt. 

 

Most people said they prefer the jacket with the belt, and I like it best that way, too. So that's how I wore it. 

The belt was a recent stealth thrift find. I was walking downtown between destinations, my husband was going to pick me up at an appointed time, so when I went past St. Vinnie's thrift shop I figured I had about five minutes, tops. And in those five minutes I found two belts - this wide black one (it has no holes, so is completely adjustable - yet it doesn't slip!) and a silver woven one (which is also completely adjustable). 


Then I was back on my way again to my scheduled rendez-vous point, only $7 lighter. I've already worn both belts, so I know they won't just hang in my closet. They will revolutionize my wardrobe!

Best wishes for a bountiful new year and a saner world for all of us!

Val

9 comments:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

A Happy New Year to you too.

Misfits Vintage said...

Larger pics please - I'm as blind as a bat!!! You are so gorgeous in that beautiful jacket... can't wait to see more of you! Sarah xxx

Val Sparkle said...

Duly noted, Sarah. I'm so used to working on paper - I forget that this can scroll, and scroll and scroll. Next time, bigger pics.

silvergirl said...

I agree with the commenter about bigger pictures
Not because I am blind, but so we can see details
I great belt can absolutely make an outfit
Looks like you got yourself two winners
Brett

Judith said...

Love the belts and how they will 'fit' at any time of the day. Off to have a peek around your blog...

Val Sparkle said...

Unfortunately there's not a lot to see yet, Judith. I did a little Faceblogging on my Facebook page, though - www.facebook.com/sparkleparkdesigns

It's a public page so anyone can see it.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Bought some of your jewelry for Christmas presents, everyone loved them! Can't wait to see what new things you have. Beautiful jacket too!

Val Sparkle said...

Thanks, Anon! I'm working some new things and hope to get them listed within the next couple of weeks. I'll post them here when I do, so check back!