Saturday, March 23, 2013

Did you see that?

It looked like a Friday. In fact it looked like a whole work week, but it rushed by so fast I couldn't tell. At least it didn't stick its tongue out at me as it ran past.

This recent Friday borrowed heavily from the Friday before - I wore black and white with a red complement, and I played my groupie role again and went to see Strange Charm play. I didn't need the correction of tequila this time (some people make it a Friday ritual, but I'm not naming names). I stuck with wine instead.

A little blurry in the face as I turn to watch the week speed by me

And I borrowed looks from my fellow bloggers - my shirt is from a swap with Joni, and the red tights are inspired by Paula.

Shirt by CalligramoRama
The shirt was big and baggy, which I wanted, but a little toooo baggy. You can see it in my previous post here. I cut the sleeves off and took in the sides. Because of the width of the shirt, the shoulders create little "shelf" sleeves, which I kind of like.


Leopard cardi and tights from Target, black skirt from Christopher & Banks, shortened. And my old wedge boots with the longish toes (previously seen here). Chunky bead necklace by me.


Of course you're all on the edge of your seats, wondering how I did bowling on Thursday. I won my match! Not so much because I bowled well, although I did, but because my very skilled opponent had an off night. But that's how tournaments are won - I'm now in the Final Four! Talk about March Madness.

For those who are looking, there's a MacMillan's Encyclopedia, 1999, Roget's Thesaurus, Oxford Dictionary of Art, the Oxford English Dictionary in two volumes, several art history books, some music books, various paperbacks, etc.

Welcome to my new followers, and thanks to everyone for your comments! I've started getting a lot of spam comments, but I think Blogger's been catching most of them in the Spam Pit of Limbo. I do not want to turn on captcha or moderation - I want to read your streams of consciousness!

And I added a new page. You can find a tab at the top ("If you really want to know"), and ten facts about me, based on my first post.

Another week, another great party at Visible Monday at Not Dead Yet Style!

Val



33 comments:

Ivy Black said...

Bloomin' gorgeous! That's a fab outfit, and I love the t shirt. You can never go wrong with red tights I feel.
Have a great weekend.
xxxxx

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Sucks about the spam :( Very cute looking in those tights and boots!!! I really like the last two pics :)
Becky

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Val, your last photo is priceless! I love it. You always add a little surprise somewhere along the way in your posts. Your upcycle turned out very well. In fact, your entire look is smokin'. A bit bohemian Parisian perhaps. I picture a smokey bar, a pastis with a twist of lemon, the glass with a smudge of red lipstick. Ah, Melanie does it so much better than I. But you do tell a great story with your photos.

Great reference library you've got going. Yup, would be very helpful for my crossword addiction.


Sue xo

PS You were spot on with the comment of my initial outfit feeling too 'cluttered'. Exactly the word for it. :)

Joni said...

You look great Val! I love the alterations you did to that shirt. It inspires me. I've worn my baggy shirts here a few times but graduated them to my loungewear bin under my bed. You really pulled a cutie together here!

Sara said...

Yay, red tights! Love the shirt, and leopard cardi. Fab!

NET-A-DRESSER said...

Hi Love that T.shirt. You look like a whole lotta fun x

Anne said...

Lovely photos Val....your red tights add a fun pop of colour:) Hope you are having a good weekend!
~Anne

Ofelia said...

Val you may be inspire by others bloggers but this outfit is just all you!
Congrats on your bowling and on rolling on your chair while lifting one leg. That takes precision!

Buckle Button Zip said...

The t-shirt got me and then the red tights! Wonderful.
x Laura

~julee~ said...

Yay for March Madness! Congrats and good luck!

And of course, I'm loving those red tights and your shirt reminds that my Paris trip is only a couple of months away. Yippeeeeee!

Paula Ruta said...

I'm so glad I was an inspiration to you and thanks for the shout out! and of course, I love the red tights~

I read your "about me" page and double sigh for me too in the work dept. I am also an art major! LOL

Der ganz normale Wahnsinn und Ladylike - schön ab 40 said...

Great outfit! I would wear this, too. Especially the red tights are are really cool. I love coloured tights. I know what I'm gonna wear tomorrow: dark skirt and shirt and red tights. Thank you for your inspiration!
:-) Eva

Megan Mae said...

I love love love that tee shirt. It's perfect for matching with a skirt and tights, but I bet looks great with jeans. Even cooler that it came from Joni. I like that you cut the sleeves off. Lol! I do that so often with clothes.

I liked reading your About Me page. You are such an awesome person, Val.

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

I've been getting a lot of spam too but I disabled people being able to comment anonymously and it's pretty much stopped. This outfit is super duper cute by the way!

sabine said...

Val you are stunning from tip to toe!
What a gorgeous outfit, even your new glasses are matching perfectly.
I love your tights, your tee and your boots and how you celebrate your bowling win! Congrats!

popcosmo said...

Love it! The shirt caught my attention, but your sparkle and attitude definitely captured it. I'm smiling along with you!
found you through visible monday :)
kim @ popcosmo.com

Patti said...

Love those red tights! And the Eiffel Tower, of course. Who has a tequila every Friday, I need to know???? Thanks for sharing the joy with Visible Monday. xxx

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love your shirt, Val...I have been known to cut a few sleeves off myself!! Innovation makes fashion fun! Maybe this week will not be such a blur!

Sheila said...

You look fabulous in this outfit, Val! I love the pop of the red tights.

Congratulations on the bowling!

Vix said...

Red legs & leopard print, that's one cool outfit! Great news about the bowling. xxx

Melanie said...

Final Four?! That calls for a drink. Actually, I'm already on the edge of my seat - and so are you! I love those last two photos. Fantastic Eiffel Tower redo and tights and beads. Joni is a genius.

Lisa said...

Lovely Eiffel tower top!
Your last picture is so fun!

WendyB said...

I like the change to the sleeves!

I had a spammer sign up to the newsletter on my regular e-commerce website 70 times today :-(

versatilestylebytracey.com said...

Fun , spirited look and poses!

teatimewithtrina said...

You are just a spark of energy! I following your blog. I'm always one for a pop of fun color and those red tights are so perfect for this outfit. I love how you took an oversized tee and created a femine, fun ensemble. It;s perfect from the head to the toes (including your funky eye glasses.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Love your leopard and red.

Style Sud-Est said...

Very funky outfit Val! I love it
I love that you mixed all different elements -
Love your colorfut tigths, that 's my girl
I have been having lots of spam too lately

Ariane xxx

LPC said...

And, not to mention, glasses in a great shape.

grunge-queen said...

Congrats on the bowling success, Val! Love the saucy red tights and cardi - they really finish your outfit. :)

Kathleen Lisson said...

Best of luck with your bowling!

Kelly Roy said...

Your tshirt rocks and I so love this colorful necklace of yours.It spices things up!

Jan Graham-McMillen said...

So VISIBLE, Val! I love your outfit ... adorable to the nth degree, and all the fun you had making this post!

BTW ... saw you at Style Imitating Art! What a gorgeous, completely charming photo in response to the Caillebotte! You really have a very beautiful mug on you, my dear.
I missed the deadline, but Jess said she'd edit in my offering.. I put a huge copy on my own blog ... please pop over to see it, as I spent a chunk of my week on it, only to run out of time at the end!
J.

Ann Wood said...

Those tights just make me smile. Great haircut!