Saturday, March 16, 2013

Friday Day and Night

Friday always seems to get here just in the nick of time. Just before the morning where I throw the alarm clock through the window, hurling invectives after it. Just before I burn bridges at work by telling people what I really think of them. Just before I collapse into a babbling and weary heap on the couch (okay, so that happens anyway). I made it through another week, and look what I found at home.



Now I can look on the bright side (now that it's Saturday and I'm sitting in bed in the middle of the morning). We have an extra hour of light in the evenings! And we've been extremely lucky here in Eugene, Oregon - every day the temperatures have been 60-70F (18-20C). Every. Day. This. Week! And on Thursday, I had the highest gross score at bowling!!! We're doing playoffs, so this means I go to the next round!

Blue denim with gray denim - Texas tuxedo?


Friday at work I ended up dressing for high school - don't you think this sort of has a '70s vibe?

Vest - Christopher & Banks; blouse - a.n.a from JCP, pants - Lee
Here's my little bead-man pin that I made, and my wonderful red Clarks sandals. I also bought a pair in tan because I couldn't decide between the two.




I think I finally found a good place to take photos, around the side of our house where you can see the lovely white sewage pipe.

If I take pictures by myself (all Auto settings) with too much light, my hair turns into a white blob that looks like a ghost flying by. And speaking of my hair, I'm still not pleased with the choppy cut, so I just changed the part. Genius, no?

Cardi, dress and tights - Target; boots and belt - thrifted


So after a couple of shots, a bath and a change of clothes, I went out with family and friends to see Mr. Sparkle's band, Strange Charm (link here).

The honeysuckle is getting leaves!


Let me say, as good as Mr. Sparkle and the other musicians are (and they are awesome), the singer, Beth Milton, holds my rapt attention all the way through, no matter how many times I watch her. She's an amazing singer and performer. There are old videos on YouTube, but they don't do justice. Maybe I can shoot some video soon and share it with you.

Little purse focal - bought at a fair and put onto neck cord from another necklace
So, now it's Saturday afternoon. Maybe we'll see a movie later, maybe we'll watch a DVD - I just got Baz Luhrman's Red Curtain Trilogy with Strictly Ballroom, Romeo + Juliet, and Moulin Rouge! Maybe some shopping. I might even clean something around the house. Or not.

I will be joining the Visible Monday party as soon as the gates are open at Not Dead Yet Style. Will I see you there?

How's your weekend shaping up?

Val


35 comments:

Paula Ruta said...

lol Val!! Love the pic of you chugging down a drink!
Love the denim/denim outfit and LOVE the clarke's sandals; good idea you bought both colors!
Its still really cold here in Boston--30s over the weekend--burrrrr. hugs~

Connie said...

Val. So funny. This does have a 70's vibe in which case you should be drinking a Harvey Wallbanger!

Déjà Pseu said...

You are too funny! And cute too.

Oliva Ins said...

Lol!!! You are great :)
Come and see mě and maybe we can follow each others?:)

www.olivains.com

Melanie said...

Oh, you naughty. Wish I could join you. I looove that photo of you hiding in the foliage. With your stunning gorgeousness I didn't even notice the sewer pipe until you pointed it out. But it balances nicely with the crystal ball. Great seventies vibe there! And I love your going-out dress.

Paola Lauretano said...

Nice post!!!
Beautiful blog!!!
Do you like to follow each other???
Let me know...
Expressyourselfbypaolalauretano

Megan Mae said...

Lol! I can't believe you weren't blogging until this year! You're such a snazzy dresser and hilarious to boot! That dress and tights combo is totally rockin.

I went thrifting, found two tops for $4, not bad. Tomorrow I'm having corned beef and cabbage at me mum's because it's one of the few holiday traditions that remain for us. (the food based ones)

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

You have the best sense of humor! And changing the part? Totally genius! LOL

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

Woo hoo! Tequila shots!!!

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Love the denim on denim with the pretty blouse and I love the dress with the patterned tights and the boots-- so good!! Sauza silver is one of my fav tequilas and it's not even pricey! Yay!!!!
Becky :)

Lisa said...

The dress and boots outfit is fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey Val Love your column - you seem to be able to make your life fun which is a great inspiration. Loved the blouse & denim waistcoat, would like to see it with different trousers - perhaps black, straight? Looking wistfully at your sandals (I'm in the UK - who knows if we will get to wear sandals this year!)

sabine said...

Hello Val,
your first dress actually reminds my to my schooldays. I had a nearly similar vest which I wear with jeans and a blouse. See you wearing sandals, let me turn green with envy! No weather for sandals here out!
I love your black-white dress and how you wear it with these marvellous tights. You look fantastic! Wearing booties to a fine dress makes it special.
Would be great to seeing a video of Mr. Sparkle and his band.
Have a great Sunday!

Kezzie said...

You look so naughty drinking!!!! What cute outfits, especially the double denim! Hope you are well!x

pastcaring said...

You look like you needed that drink, Val! I do get the 70s vibe from your outfit, especially that great little waistcoat. And your going out dress and patterned tights are gorgeous.
Hope you had a great weekend, and that little or no cleaning was involved! xxx

Helga! said...

Tequila!! Everything comes up roses after a couple of shots!
Love you in that frock, you have fabularse legs! XXX

Sheila said...

Ha! I laughed at your tequila shot!

Love the vest and the red sandals - and you look amazing in the dress!

Crazy Ravens Studio said...

I like the dress and cardi combo. A woman that drinks tequila is a woman after my own heart. Bottoms up!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Lol, lol, lol!

Your Tequila shots (photograpically and literally) need some accompaniment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os3Q2akm7jk

And I never noticed all the puddy tat faces lined up on the link list until you brought it to my attention! Too funny!

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Oh my gosh, I'm glad you came back and posted that link. I had totally forgotten about that scene!

I had to laugh about all the fashion statements in that clip that are right on trend today... biker jackets, studs, embellishment, moto vests, plaid, animal prints, stacked heels, and ankle-skimming skinny pants. Given that the movie came out in 1985, I guess that proves that there really is nothing new!

Dawn Elliott said...

This is my first visit...and my initial reaction was, "Well aren't you a sassy one!?!" So glad to have found your blog!

Veshoevius said...

I love that blouse! The floral print is gorgeous!

Vix said...

I'd loved to have joined you, you bad ass lady in the foliage! x

Patti said...

So the Friday secrets are out of the bag, dear Val! How did you know a shot of tequila is my Friday night ritual too?? Thanks for sharing your humor, and cool style, with Visible Monday.

Style Sud-Est said...

So funny Val!
Didn't expect you with bootle! Hahaha!
Love that dress on you, you look so slim!
Great legs darling!

Xxxx

Bella Q said...

It's 8:53 Monday morning and the picture of your Tequila shot made me um thirsty, and not for my cuppa coffee in my hand, lol.

I love that floral blouse on you, and your second outfit is awesome-blossom. (Raises invisible shot glass)Cheers!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Yes, definite 70's vibe with the first outfit. I think the dress, hosiery, and boots in the second outfit is fantastic. You look fabulous!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Sue xo

Jan Graham-McMillen said...

So current, the little black print dress, cardie, booties and patterned tights. I especially love the lush floral of the blouse at the top!
Speaking of lush ... (Ha!)
Looking beyond cute,you!
Did I tell you that my huz raised dairy goats near Eugene for 13 years? Was a long time ago, but goat stories stick with you, it seems. Arrgh.

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

I love the first photo. I know that feeling! And you look so cool in that second outfit. Those tights are wonderful

grunge-queen said...

Val, love those tequila shots! You loo great in both pics. I love the denim suit look - they also cal it a Canadian tuxedo! I did the EXACT same thing with my recent haircut, which I felt was too poufy on one side - changed the part and it all evened out! Xo

Debbie Baker Burns said...

Listen, I love the 70's so I love your look! Bead man is pretty cute. I have very similar Clark sandals in brown...best things ever, aren't they? It would be cool to see some videos of the band. Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Another gorgeous outfit, and Mr Beady is very cute indeed. This weekend for me is going to require a lot of alcohol as it involves visiting a new school on Friday, making a birthday cake, transporting 2 goldfish 60 miles, hosting a bowling party for 12 kids and then Boy2's actual birthday. Plus more packing. Yay!

The Style Crone said...

You crack me up! I've had weeks like you describe and looks like you found the perfect antidote! You never disappoint with your photos and commentary. Love the dress, boots and tights, and the lifestyle that you so eloquently portray.

Wendy said...

Tequila, bowling, 70's influenced clothes and your guy is in a band which means you support local music?! We would -so- be hanging out if we lived near each other. :) And, I totally know the feeling about work. I made a drink with rum and grapefruit juice (we were out of tequila) a few days back because it was "that kind of a work day", lol.

I have never thought that your hair looks like a white blob, in fact I love the cut!

joyatri said...

Definitely a 70s vibe to the vest and blouse outfit, which why it appealed to me. Love the jewelry gems, bead man and the purse pendant.