Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pedicure, boots, sandals, and Barbie

First, here's what I wore Monday - my new-to-me top and new socks. And I wore my old glasses because I thought they looked better with this outfit.

This was taken at the end of the day. Hurray for the extra hour of light, but I do look a little tired.


Monday morning I had to go to work early, so I just dressed the top down by pairing it with rust jeans (JCP) and a black cardi (Target). The black belt is reversible, with faux snakeskin on the other side.

Don't step on the wee folk!

I wore the same boots that I wore on Sunday, but with my psycho-delic, comfy new socks inside.

So, I wore these boots on Sunday and Monday, and I wore my sex-ay short boots today. But the weather has gone up about 10 degrees (Fahrenheit) this week, so tomorrow I am going to wear sandals - my newly refurbished, leopard, wedge sandals! Forget ballet flats - sandals make me feel so alive!

And that's why I'm giving myself a pedicure tonight.

I was going to book an appointment, but I had to do it myself to get it done tonight. And I'm glad I did. You know the thing about cleaning the house before the maid comes...


I went with Barbie-doll red nail polish. Classic Barbie doll, not the blonde bimbo.



How 'bout you - are you ready for sandals? Or, if you're in the southern hemisphere, are you ready for boots?

Val

19 comments:

sabine said...

Hi Val,
I'm more than ready for sandals but I still have to wear my boots. Your socks are great, particularly with this boots. A cute springlike outfit you found!

Sheila said...

Oh god, SO ready for sandals. I'm cringing at pulling out a pair of tights, and I'm so sick of all my boots (even the awesome ones). Two weeks till I clean out my closet...and I'm counting the days!

Love the socks, the red toes and the wonderful rust-coloured jeans!

Megan Mae said...

Wee! Socks. I'm definitely ready for sandals. I've already been pulling my flats and open toe shoes (with tights) on warmer days. I've yet to actually relinquish the boot and go full sandal. I'm more ready to stop needing full tights. I like my skirts and dresses, but I hate the cling.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

My toes are are pedicured but it's a complete waste - no-one's seeing them, not unless I want an attractive dose of frostbite. The shoes look great on. x

Liz said...

Not quite ready for sandals here, yet! Love those socks!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

The only sad thing about wearing sandals is no blast of colourful skull socks! I love how you wore them with this ensemble. But your sandal makeover is awesome too. Great look, Val.

Vix said...

I'm so ready for sandals but sadly it's been -10 here so I'll have to wait!
Love the crazy socks and those pretty leopard sandals. I was a Sindy girl, I thought Barbie was a tart but that was before I saw your brunette version.
Cradley Heath is 5 miles down the road! xxx

Anne said...

Love the rust colour jeans...I have similar and got great wear out of them:) I need to do a pedi too...your sandals are so pretty!
~Anne

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Your socks are fantastic!! No, no sandals yet, plz!! I have to get in all the closed toe shoes I can before it's mind melting hot!!
Cute jeans-- not one single pair of mine fit right now!!!
That Barbie is a dime!
Becky :)

pastcaring said...

Love the sweet print on your blouse, Val, and wow, cute feet in your upcycled sandals. My feet are in winter mode, as are my legs - since they are covered up for 6 months of the year, I don't bother with much up-keep! I know, what a slattern I am... xxxxx

gracefully50 said...

Your shirt and socks match! How cute!
Your DIY sandals are awesome! I am ready for sandal weather!

Misfits Vintage said...

The blouse is so pretty on you! And my toenails are ready all year round - even if I'm in boots for six months of the year!

Sarah xxx

ROXTHEFOX said...

How funky are your socks??

P.S. wanna follow each other on bloglovin, etc?

WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

Sacramento Amate said...

Great top and socks.
We are all really ready for sandals.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

I am sitting here wearing rust jeans while reading your post about wearing rust jeans! You are the trendsetter and I am the one choking on your fashion dust!

As for sandals....

I don't think the technicians at the nail salon are ready for my feet. I feel sorry for whoever will have to take on that task!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

hahahaaaaaa!!! I love that - "cleaning the house before the maid comes". I've had two real (and glorious) pedicures and presented my feet in totally disgraceful state both times - heheeee. I LOVE those sandals - I've never seen anything like them before and if you have giant size 10 feet like mine, feel free to kick them over the fence when you're done with them;). It's great to see your new socks and I adore those lace-up boots! xo

Bella Q said...

Those socks and the booties are an amazing combo- if I were to pass by you on the street seeing those, I'd think- now there goes an interesting person.

I can't even imagine sandals yet. I'm trying to visualize life without a hat and scarf.

Ann Wood said...

Those sock are great. I'm in the middle of another blizzard, so seeing beautifully manicured toes is a treat!