Saturday, April 13, 2013

Googlovin'


I'm just about to head to Seattle for my weekend adventure! I'm going stag, and looking forward to five hours of solitary driving. Well, that's easy to say now. Some parts of the trip are really boring, others nostalgic, others just depressing (south Tacoma - ugh).

Here's what I expect the weather to be like in Seattle.

February 2012 - This is a color picture, slightly tilted
I'll be staying with Pete and Danny in their mini house on a hill.

"Men in Motion and Repose" - also February 2012

I probably won't be online much, what with seeing Thomas, Tony, Rembrandt and Bella (!), but I need to know - what's the deal with Bloglovin'? I mean, I use Blogger to write blogs and also to read blogs. When Google Reader goes away, I don't think it will actually affect me. Will it? Will it affect the 5 or 6 people who read my blog? Should I move to Bloglovin'? Would I be writing my posts in Bloglovin'?

As you can see, I''m totally clueless! Technology is a never-ending science class, and I threw away the book a long time ago. Can I see your notes?

Val

11 comments:

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Have a great road trip. I love the stretch of highway north of Vancouver, WA. Up high..kinda feels on top of the world.

You will still be writing your posts in blogger.

Think of bloglovin' as your own personal library. In this library, you have a list of all your favourite authors...blog authors that is. When you sign in to your bloglovin' account, it brings up any new posts that your favourites have made. For example, your current post...shows up with a gray and soggy Seattle picture and the opening lines of your post. I have the option of clicking on the title to read just this post, or clicking to be linked through to your home page.

Megan Mae said...

Bloglovin' is like a replacement for google reader. I don't know if the blogger dashboard is going to also be affected by the removal of google reader and (probably) google friend connect. It's extremely easy to make the transition to reading from bloglovin', but I say keep writing your posts in blogger imo.

Have a good trip.

Connie said...

Oh Seattle. I lived there for one wonderful soggy year. I love that place. Hmmm..IDK about all this google boggle stuff. I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes. Have a nice trip!
Connie*

Shybiker said...

Hope you have a fun trip. I find solitary time in a car is more fun than you expect, 'cause your mind goes into deep reflection. Great thoughts emerge during those times.

I also post with Blogger and, in anticipation of GR going dark, switched my reading to Bloglovin. It's great. Doesn't affect your blog at all; only your reading of other blogs. It's easier to use than GR.

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Your trip sounds so fun!
I use Bloglovin but not google reader, so I haven't done a damn thing and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's fine.
Becky :)

Ivy Black said...

What a wonderful trip. I love the idea of all that distance between places...Blighty is weeny in comparison and I'm always amazed b the distances my US chums drive.
As far as I understand, blogger will remain so that we can write our blogs and carry on posting in the usual way. It's the way readers can find blogs that is going to be different. I've been on Bloglovin' for years anyway as it gives people another way to find the blog. Just sign up, get a link badge in your sidebar and everyone will be able to find your lovely self.
Have a great visit.
xxxxx

sabine said...

Have a great trip and hopefully a bunch of good music to pass the time driving!
I'm so curious about your visit in Seattle and hope you will share it with us.

pastcaring said...

Hope you have a great time in Seattle, Val. As others have said, there won't be any changes to how you write your blog. Just carry on as usual, but add the Bloglovin follow button - if I can do it, you can! xxxx

Vix said...

Have a fantastic trip! What a long drive, that's the time it takes us Brits to fly to Turkey - we are such a small island!
Bloglovin' is great, really easy to follow blogs and mark off the ones you've read. xxx

joyatri said...

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your stay in that adorable little house.

Sheila said...

You're so close, I can practically see you! Hope you missed the hail we had yesterday.

I am waiting to see what happens with Google.