Thursday, June 13, 2013

Black & White

I know I don't have to tell you that VOGOFF style magazine has been released, do I? Okay, good. It's an amazing publication by the right-brain genius, Melanie, and it's worth its weight in ceramide perfect plump ultralift SPF30 non-greasy anti-aging night cream.

Now, moving on. This post is to bring attention to those with chronic illnesses/conditions and their loved ones. To focus that attention and show support, Tamera, the Menopausel Supermodel, who has fibromyalgia, is having a Black & White party!



Tamera has written about a few bloggers that you probably know, and there are probably more out there who either live with chronic illnesses or who take care of loved ones with difficult conditions. I'm a lucky, healthy person, but I want to show my support and admiration for people who struggle to find something positive in every day - and find it they do!

Here's my black and white outfit for the party.

tunic - World Market; scarf and leggings - Target; sandals - Fred Meyer

Tamera's party will be on the weekend, and by that time I'll be in Texas with a whole passel of cousins. There'll be seven of us cousines and only one boy cousin showing up, and some husbands, of course. Bring on the BBQ and Tex Mex, y'all!

Be sure to rock your Black and White 2XS at Tamera's party this weekend!


"One day - my life is out the door
Next day - you show me what it's for"


Val

10 comments:

Vix said...

Loving your monochrome tunic and your boyfriend fashion feature in VOG OFF was fantastic. xxxx

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Congrats on your feature!!! I always love the black & white!! Have fun with your family,
Becky :)

Melanie said...

I'm planning what to wear to Tamera's party too. Your B&W looks cool and together. Thanks for being in VOGOFF. Your piece was perfect! That's high praise indeed, ultralift SPF30 night cream. LOL. Have a great time in Texas!

Megan Gann said...

Yes! I was excited to see the new VOGOFF, Thanks for joining the Black and White party. It's been a very interesting discussion over at Tamera's. She always has some of the best topics going on.

Plus she just posted pictures of her new puppy!!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Vogoff is certainly worth its weight in magical night cream powers - what a fantastic bloody awesome effort!! Oh a trip to Texas, loads of pics please, it's one of my dream destinations:). I absolutely adore your tunic party gal! xoxo

pastcaring said...

You looked so cool in your Vogoff pics, Val!
Love the monochrome tunic top; have a wonderful trip to Texas, lots of photos please! xxxx

sabine said...

Congrats to your VOGOFF feature, you make me smile! Let's discover unknow territory even if it is only our guy's wardrobe.
The tunic is great, I love that etno style patter. You are practising the dance of the veils, how cute!

The Style Crone said...

So excited to see you in VOGOFF! And your black and white outfit is composed with perfection and for a very worthy cause.

Have a fabulous time with the cousins!

Tami Von Zalez said...

The Mature Boyfriend style in the mag just cracked me up!

From Tulle ya twice girl ~

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

menopauselsupermodel said...

Dear Val--thanks for the support and shout out!!
You look fantastic but we can't see your gorgeous face!!