Monday, June 24, 2013

Cross my palm with silver*

I will foresee your destiny in this glass globe under the passionflower vine.


My robe was woven from seaweed and mermaid's hair, and on land it manifests an undulating teal pattern, like waves carrying galleons in the Spanish Main during the reign of the House of Trastamara and Juana the Mad. 


The black skirt once belonged to a sorceress known to live in a cave in the Val d'Aosta. She may be living still – her body has never been found, but her clothes were transported on winds and tides to the four corners of the earth. How this one arrived at the Delta Oaks Walmart is a mystery. 

 
The sandals, made from the blackened skin of a hippopotamus, were created by sprites living in the Great Banyan tree of Kolkata. The belt was once the pelt of a black panther, split into 10,000 belts by Sheik yur-Buudti and given to his 10,000 daughters.

  
The necklace holds a tiny pool of enchanted nishikigoi who were bewitched by Susanoo and fated to swim forever within a golden ring.

At least that's the story I was told.

topper - Soft Surroundings; tank - JCP; sandals - ?; belt - thrifted; cuff - Etsy; necklace - by me
I'm taking my Salacian print to a new link-up at Flight Platform Living - Shiny T Tuesday. I'll see you there – my crystal ball told me so.

And go check out Teal Tuesday at No More Frump!

Valmarina Sparklala

*I also accept gold, credit cards, and money orders drawn on banks in the Cayman Islands.

21 comments:

Laura Lee said...

Cute necklace! This is a very tranquil look with the different tones of blue, lovely :)

Megan Gann said...

Eee! Fishie necklace. Love your underwater inspired look! And the creative use of garden accessories.

Jane George said...

'her clothes were transported on winds and tides to the four corners of the earth. How this one arrived at the Delta Oaks Walmart is a mystery.' lol totally hysterical...your magical outfit is gorgeous and has left me wanting blackened hippo sandals!! I will truly never wear black shoes without thinking of you ever again!!you made that necklace!!! i love it!! you are an utter star...thank you so much for linking! xxxx

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Ha ha I love this. It reminds me of Wuthering Heights (my favourite novel) when Nelly Dean tells the orphaned Heathcliff that he could have been the son of emperors. I love the idea of creating our own reality.

elpuntodelola said...

Bonito look, la camisa es preciosa. Besos

Sacramento Amate said...

You are fun and gorgeous, dear Val.
Lovely in blue.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said...

I love the fantasy story : ) Our imaginations are under-utilized.

bisous
Suzanne

Une femme said...

Your outfit stories put a smile on my face this morning. Great outfit, and a wonderful imagination!

Paula Ruta said...

Val, you always make me laugh :~D

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

"blackened skin of a hippopotamus" sounds like a Shakespearean insult. "Thou art the blackened skin of a hippopotamus, heathen beast!"

Bella Q said...

You make a marvelous gyspy! Love the fishy pendant- and your fortune teller wisdome.

menopauselsupermodel said...

ROFL--i needed this on such a sucktastic work day!! Love the outfit!

Laurie said...

Val, you make me smile. I may have to borrow some of your story the next time I break out my gypsy-ish outfit!

pastcaring said...

Ha, Val's been at the wacky backy again... I make up stories all the time about where my vintage clothes have come from and what they have seen, but your imaginings exceed mine by some way!
Lovely marine-inspired colours and necklace. xxx

Lynn Marsh said...

Thanks for making me smile. I really like this look. I may attempt something like it, when I feel tall enough...

Veshoevius said...

Tee hee great post. Hippo sandals, made in Spriteland - I liked that one!

no more frump said...

Sparkle,
Thank you so much for wearing teal today for my Teal Tuesday celebration! I am so excited about the incredible support here from my fellow fashion bloggers. I adore your teal outfit, it is amazingly beautiful. Thank you again for your support.
http://no-more-frump.blogspot.com/2013/06/teal-tuesday.html

ann wood said...

Love the creative story, I am smiling reading it. Teal and black looks fun and comfortable especially for summer. Pretty necklace, you are talented with the jewels!

blue hue wonderland

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Kind of a witchy vibe happening!!!! NIce!

Dawn Elliott said...

That's the best story I've heard in...days! Too cute, all the way around!

juli said...

I almost believed it - a great story! I love your necklace. Is it really what it looks like? a flattened pop cap?

xx juli
fragmentsofmyclothing.blogspot.com