Saturday, June 22, 2013

Recreation

It's all in how you pronounce it.

This post is a little bit here and there, but first I decided to recreate my traveling outfit for my recent trip to Texas.


I wore a polyester jersey dress with cotton capri leggings (both Merona by Target) and a cotton jacket (Christopher & Banks). Sandals are Doc Marten's. This was warm enough for early morning departure from our local airport.


As soon as we got to Dallas, off came the leggings and jacket, although I kept the jacket handy in the air-conditioned car.

It's hot, or did someone fart?

The dress was stretchy and comfortable, and slinky enough that it didn't cling to the leggings. I could also use the jacket with my other outfits, although it was so bloody hot that I didn't really need it.

Ribbon flower pin from craft fair to maintain some decorum

I also had three days at home while still on vacation, plus the weekend! I am feeling so mellow right now. I went over to the beach on Friday, the first day of summer. Oregon's beaches are owned by the state, so they're all open to the public - yay!!!



It was one of those perfect days - not a cloud in the sky, not crowded, no time constraints. Just me, my feet in the cold water and then the hot sand, lots of walking, lying on a log, no particular thoughts. Basically, heaven. But without my camera. Ah, well, life happens with or without a photograph!

I went to see "the band" when I got back from the beach, and one of the covers they do is "Just Like Heaven", which was originally done by The Cure. Katie Melua recreated it in a different and beautifully haunting style. This is the version Strange Charm does.


I read that Blogger's Reading List will not be disappearing with Google Reader. At least not yet. So I'm sticking with that for now. If I create my posts in Blogger, I don't want to log in to yet another website to read blogs! Sheesh! Of course, I may be wrong, and totally screwed.

I'll be linking up to Not Dead Yet Style for another Visible Monday. Get out there and be visible!

Val

19 comments:

Sheila said...

I love all the versatility of this outfit - you really can't go wrong with a black and white stretchy dress for travel! You look lovely and calm, Val!

I am holding out to see how the whole Blogger thing shakes down. Not going to panic. I'll see what it looks like and go from there.

Shybiker said...

Cute and versatile. Extra points for being so practical.

Joni James said...

love the extra decorum...;) It wouldn't be the same cleavage announcement without it. ha!
One of my favorite looks is leggings underneath a dress or skirt but I don't seem to do it often enough. I'm in the lull of grabbing jeans all the time. I can start with a kimono jacket and work my way down, right? I'm also letting myself go grey!

Melanie said...

Okay, the hand-waving shot looks to me like you are a streeper (spell miss to avoid weirdos) who's just doffed her jacket. Great travel outfit, Val. And I'm glad you got to bliss out on you vacation.
Now I'm going to tech out - I moved my reading list to Bloglovin' but I still get it on Blogger. I'm so sick of the word blog, I want to call it gloog or flog or flogme. Avoid as many passwords as you can - great strategy.

Kezzie said...

You look so smart! I look such a scruffbag when I am travelling!!!! I envy you the beach, it's so yuck here in SouthEast England! At this rate I am going to have a cold wedding day grrr x

Sacramento Amate said...

Lovely and confortable= perfect.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sabine said...

You found the perfect outfit for travelling. It is comfy, you look gorgeous and elegant in it and you can alter it with accessories. I have to find a similiar one for my next trip.

Vix said...

Decorum? I thought you'd placed that corsage there strategically so we'd ogle your cleavage! xxx

Patti said...

So cute, and you know I love double-duty clothes! Thanks for sharing your fab self with Vis Monday.

The Style Crone said...

It looks like you had a great time in Texas and your traveling outfit covered all bases for comfort and function, yet appears chic in the process. Love the touch of color provided by the ribbon flower.

Bohemian vanity said...

Great travel outfit! It looks comfy and nice! Hope you had a good time in Texas! xx Tani

Misfits Vintage said...

Decorum schmorum - give us a lovely look, would you? Perfect, comfy travel outfit.

Sarah xxx

Spashionista Alicia Searcy said...

How clever to stick with a black and white palette and comfy, removable layers. I really like the dress. It's pretty as well as practical ;-)

Alicia

Paula Ruta said...

Great traveling outfit and love the b&w dress! xoxo

pastcaring said...

The perfect travelling outfit, Val - you thought of everything, including decorum (usually the last thing I think about!)
A day noodling about on the beach sounds wonderful. Sometimes it's good to have a brilliant time sans photos. xxx

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I love the layers so cool and chic.

Jan Graham-McMillen said...

Don't worry, Val ... we'll come find you wherever you are! Very sleek combo that worked out to a strip-tease, layer by layer. You look great and I hope your husband appreciated it!

Zalina Walton said...

What good idea to layer going to Dallas. I love the dress and you look great. I went to Dallas last year with my father. Thought I was going to die from the heat.

menopauselsupermodel said...

Love this outfit--and the little pop of aqua in the flower!!