Monday, July 1, 2013

Red Wine at Night

Red skirt at morning, colleagues take warning.

shirt - St. John's Bay from JCP; red dress - thrifted
Actually, red dress with a white shirt over the top for work.

In the evening, off came the shirt, brighter jewelry was added, and we were out to a local winery to celebrate my lovely niece's 30th birthday on Friday night.

Birthday girl on the right, holding her nephew, her husband at the back, other nieces, my sister and me.

We're soooo lucky - we have at least a dozen wineries within 20 miles of my town. That's just a small selection of the wineries found all over western Oregon - and the wine is good!!! These pictures were taken at Sweet Cheeks Winery, named for the curving hills visible from the winery's tasting room and picnic area. Seriously, that's how the story goes!

And here's my official picture to link-up to Shiny T Tuesday, Red Sky at Night, at Flight Platform Living. You should go and see the fabulous thrifted outfit Jane is wearing there!

Sandals - Clark's; necklace and bracelet - by me
So, I seem to have hit Canada Day with the right colors. I'm going to add a little spark of blue to carry over to Independence Day on the Fourth of July. This is as close as I get to wearing the flag.


Wednesday - I'm still partying over at Spy Girl's 52 Pick-me-up. Hurrah for the red, white, and blue!

Are you keeping cool?

Val

16 comments:

The Style Crone said...

Red is just one of the colors that you wear with panache. You are radiantly visible today!

Connie said...

How terribly patriotic of you. You are a hot tomato!

Joni James said...

We are very cool up here cuz we just installed air conditioning and it sure is nice. Now I just need a glass of wine while I do my blog reading. You look great in red!

Melanie said...

You move effortlessly from office wear to party wear. Looks like a fun party! I agree, you are radiantly visible.

Spashionista Alicia Searcy said...

I love you in red! Of course, it's because you make it look beautiful by adding your personality - your "Sparkle" ;-)

Alicia

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Ooooh, you do Canada Day well! Red, wine, outdoors. Beautiful!

And your family looks lovely too. How nice for you that you live near to your family.

Sue xo

Jane George said...

red suits you! love that you turned it into two outfits just with a shirt addition! Your family look so wonderful how lovely to have them all around! My nephew is nearly 22 and it doesn't seem a moment since he was a babes in arms! Gorgeous post, gorgeous lady, gorgeous family!! thank you so much for linking up xxxx

Liz said...

Lucky you living near those wineries! Love the red dress.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

DearHelenHartman said...

You look so adorable! If I wore a red dress someone would say - look a tomato with legs!
We have some wineries somewhere abouts but there is less romance in a fine Indiana wine, isn't there?

~julee~ said...

You look lovely, as always. Great transition from office to evening. Looks like a wonderful celebration with family.

Vix said...

You look damned fine in red, lady!
It's freezing here today, our heating's on and I'm wearing Jon's jumper! x

menopauselsupermodel said...

you look fantastic--red is a fabulous color for you!!

We are only in the low 80's temp wise but add jungle leel humidity and is miserable out!

pastcaring said...

You look like you had great fun with your family, Val, and you do suit red very much.
Keeping cool is no problem here in the UK... it's been chilly! xxx

Anne M Bray said...

"Red skirt at morning, colleagues take warning."
You are a genius! I love this SO much!

A fun post, of a fun evening!

Thanks so much for linking up with 52 Pick-me-up! :-)

Ariane Lasalle said...

Love the red dress Val!
We have wineries not too far from Montreal, and the wine is very good too!

I'm the next in line for the yellow skirt, but someone else is sending it to me!

Have a great weekend!

Trying to keep cool there is a heat wave in Montreal

Wendy said...

Love me some X ! :)
Beautiful dress, beautiful scenery and happy friends = perfection ... Oh, and good wine (I'm jealous). I'd move to Oregon in a heartbeat!