Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bonuses in bunches

I went shopping on Saturday. I really wanted to, and that has made all the difference. Good luck seems to follow a good attitude, no?

I found some really handy thrifted pieces at Goodwill. I'll show them to you anon. Let's just say wool blazer, mustard jeans, denim pencil skirt, and we'll leave it at that for now.

And then I went to Macy's to look for some leggings. I didn't find what I wanted, but I looked across the aisle where they had baby clothes. They were also having a one-day sale, so everything was 50% off. This was fortuitous because, well, you may not believe this, but I'm gaining five great-nieces and nephews this year!

First up, one niece (my brother's step-daughter) just had a baby girl. She's got pretty cool taste, and the selection at Macy's was wide and fabulous. It was a tough decision, but this is what I finally decided on.





My sister's middle daughter is having her second son around early December, so I got this for the boy.





And my sister's step-daughter is pregnant for the first time and is also expecting in December. Guess what she's having.




Triplets! No outside intervention - natural triplets, two girls and a boy. I'll be sending her a big package of onesies, too.

I'm working on an outfit post for Visible Monday and Shoe Shine and 52 Pick-me-up. See you soon!

Auntie Val

11 comments:

Liz said...

Love that first little outfit - such fun!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said...

Wow these are all so cute. They never had clothes like that when I was a kid.

bisous
Suzanne

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oh WOW! I work with babies and twins have become much more common...but triplets!!! {Note three exclamation marks. I thought it was warranted.} Congratulations to all your littles having littles of their own. Isn't it fun shopping for them! Reminds me, I must send a package to Ottawa, as I have a new one too.

My fav is the first one. So much fun!

Connie said...

Oooooo. I love shopping for baby clothes. So cute.

Shybiker said...

OMG! That first outfit is something I want to wear. Do you think they have it in my size?! :)

pastcaring said...

Ooh, the family is expanding big style! And triplets, how exciting - and terrifying! One of the teachers at my kids' school had triplets, she comes to work (part-time) for a rest.
You chose some really sweet clothes for all the new babies. xxxx

Une femme said...

Gawd, I love baby clothes. I really need some babies to shop for.

Vix said...

Triplets! Wow!
You've chosen some wonderfully groovy clothes. x

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

natural triplets! Good heavens!!! Good thing all those kiddies have you to buy them awesome non-sucky baby clothes!

Ariane Lasalle said...

Aren't children clothes the cutest?
I just love them!
To answer your question about tartan, just go on e-bay and type plaid skirt, you will know what i mean, or go on Facebook i posted a pic of what i meant...

Have a great week Val!

Ariane x

Tamera Wolfe said...

OMG CUTE CUTE CUTE!!
I need grandbabies!