Friday, September 27, 2013

Ketchup and Mustard




Hot dog, it's Friday! I can't tell you how much I relish my time away from the office.

Now that the seasonings are changing, it's been a tough week, with lots of rain, cooler weather, and whiny sinuses. It's not cold, but it's not warm, so I'm in a pickle deciding what to wear.


dress - Deva Lifewear, thrifted, but new; belt - thrifted; jacket - Christopher & Banks; boots - JCP

Thursday I felt like I couldn't ketch-up.


By Friday I couldn't cut the mustard and actually came home early. More time for blogging!

boots, jeans, jacket and brooch - thrift shops; shirt - Target, although made in India, maybe in New Deli

The jacket is a lovely mulberry color that looks great with the mustard jeans. (I know they're jeans because it says so on the button - JEANS.) And the little magenta birds add another condimentary color.




At work I actually wore a vest instead of the jacket, which I thought looked sort of like what I wore in the '90s. 


vest - Christopher & Banks

So I'm linking this photo up with Spy Girl's 52 Pick-me-up for her '90s prompt. 

I'm also going to share my bad jokes and French fries with Ariane at Style Sud-Est for her Show Me Your Style Blog Hop.

Hey, this has been a lot of pun! Let's not spoil it by debating the whole ketchup versus catsup thing.

Happy weekend!

Val 

PS - Just messin' about with Bloglovin here. Not really sure what I'm doing.

22 comments:

Lynn Marsh said...

made me smile. that's all. good friday to you...

ann wood said...

You are a clever gal, dear Val. Fun play on words. The yellow pants are really cool with the printed blouse and jacket also in a fine color. And hey how can you argue with a red dress? Nice and fitted with the stylish wide belt. These are some fabulous fall outfits!

blue hue wonderland

Secret Squirrel said...

I like the puns! My sinuses and my weather are your sinuses and weather, it seems.

But the mustard jeans are not mine - and you are making me want them! The shirt, jacket, boots and jeans are just perfect together :-)

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Really digging that red dress!

Lenya said...

The dress is so darling and you wearing it beautifully. Your second outfit is equally awesome. I like how you paired it with the jacket and the blouse. Lovely.
Oh and I like ketchup and mustard a lot ;-)

have a lovely weekend
Lenya

his_girl_friday said...

You look delicious!

Gabriala Brown said...

Love the tasty puniness! Crack up!!! And I lerve mustard and that color combo! xo

sabine said...

Both outfits are perfect when the weather is changing from cold to hot and back. My favorite is the mustard jeans with the birdy blouse. Not only because I like mustard more than ketchup.

Paula Ruta said...

You just make me laugh, Val! xoxo

Megan Gann said...

Swooning for that red dress! Absolutely gorgeous. Puns are one of my favorite wordplays. I relish a good pun.

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

oh, where's my pun gun..

Sheila said...

Lol, very punny! I love the red dress and the mustard pants.

Anne M Bray said...

Hope that you got lots of condiments! This is fun!
Thanks for linking up!

The Style Crone said...

Ketch-up and mustard truly solves the pickle of transitional dressing. Especially with your dash of wit and your clever poses!

Ariane Lasalle said...

I relish my time away from the office too the subway darn rush hours and all the work shit!
But i get all that money to spend so i will make an effort for at least another 3 years!

I love your mustard jeans, like tha masculine look on you - I prefer the jacket -

Tks for linking up last week

Arianexo

Tamera Wolfe said...

LOLOL--love the word play!!
The red dress is wonderful on you--great color and cut!!
And I love the mulberry with the mustard--and how can you go wrong when you add BIRDS??

pastcaring said...

You always look great in red, and those yellow jeans are fab with the shirt and jacket, a great look on you.
Keep those sinuses at bay now! xxxx

Zalina Walton said...

Love the yellow pants and shoes. What a cute outfit. The red dress looks comfy and chic. Too bad about the weather, but it's worth it when it's summer again. Where you live is so beautiful in the Spring and Summer.

Kathleen Lisson said...

Love the dress, it's got hot sauce written all over it!

Bella Q said...

Hi Val! Red, I already knew looked good on you, but those yellow jeans make me think there's another primary battling for your affections.

Nicolene Richards said...

Great dress, the flare is incredibly flattering, nice blog you have!
FF

Dawn Elliott said...

Black, red, yellow, birds...all these items work for "bright and cheery," especially in those in-between times that throw us off a tad. Love that bird shirt!!!