Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Minimalism II



Remember this post about un-minimalism? Of course you don't – it was ages ago!

The unadorned wooden case I bought so long ago has undergone a slow metamorphosis and is now a beautiful butterfly.

  


Or a garish mess of pretty colors.




I wrote in that post that you reach a point where you have to commit to going over the top. But I was quite restrained here, don't you think?









I love glue on my fingers, so I've also done some mini boxes.


Altoid tins - approximately 3.75 in x 2.5 in

not in the same order as the other photo

I think of them as Desktop Daydreams - if your daydreams include an opium den...


 


Or a beach hut.





Or a Tuscan country kitchen.

The exterior still needs work.
I suppose I'll put these on Etsy if I can get around to taking decent pictures. Or else I have to just keep them lined up on my desk at work. I can use the daydreams.

Next, a gypsy caravan? A Parisian apartment? Tiki bar?

Now a little bit of fun.


Happy Tuesday!

Val

18 comments:

PinkCheetahVintage said...

Those altoid tins are so cool!!!!

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh, you did an amazing job on the case and the little tins! Fantastic!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Val, I am so awed by your talent! I love seeing your treasures! The little beach hut is my favourite, and reminds me of Emalina's beach hut. Your restraint with the case is admirable. It really is a fine line between gaily adorned and over the top. Keep up the creativity, 'cause every office desk would be a better place with one of these Desktop Daydreams.

Vix said...

Wow! They are incredible, you clever woman! x

pastcaring said...

Ha, someone posted that clip on Facebook, it made me chuckle!
What beautiful little dream tins, Val, such gorgeous miniature details, I love them. The opium den for me, please! xxx

Tamera Wolfe said...

The large box is FANTASTIC!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! i have an old suitcase i plan to do SOMEDAY!!
The altoid tins are so so cool. a gypsy caravan would be awesome!!

Melanie said...

You are the goddess of glue! You have certainly transformed these items into treasure. The mini boxes are magical imagination exciters. And the big box is exactly what's needed to carry anything serious or fun. Fantastic art, Val!

Laurie said...

Val, you enterprising woman you! Good work. So glad you shared your work, and that video, with us.

Helga! said...

Darling, I love these! Altered objects are a wonderful art form. XXX

Suzanne Carillo Style Files said...

I LOVE those little tins! What a fab idea! You definately need to put these on Etsy. They really are dreams in a box. How did you come up with the idea?

bisous
Suzanne

Megan Gann said...

Those are beautiful! Little works of art and so very inspiring! That's something great to do to recycle little tins!

Ariane Lasalle said...

Aren't those cute, best art i have seen in a long time - Yes get decent pics and sell them on Etsy
How much will sell them?

Arianexo

Susan G said...

What a clever idea! These are adorable.

Kelly Jackson said...

Omigosh, Val, so cool! So magical! I love love love them! I know a lady here who runs a consignment shop, and she makes similar rooms, except in shadow boxes. I like your creative variation on the theme. Xo

sabine said...

I love your little boxes showing a small perfect world and I also love your gourgous multi pattern suit case!

A Matchy Matchy Midlife said...

Those little alto is tins are too cute!! I love the beach shack one...it reminds me of one of my best friends!

Xo,
Alyssa

Hollie "Jet" Black-Ramsey said...

wow!! COOL TINS!!! You're the craft glue boss!

No fear of fashion said...

Wow, Val, what a lovely things you make. I used to dabble in these things as well. Little 3D closets for on the wall. But I lacked creativity. Could only repeat one design. You on the other hand have plenty of creativity.
Very well done. Love them all.
Greetje